The Sheepdog Seminar is TWO SEMINARS rolled into one.
- Colonel Grossman will give his well-known message The Bulletproof Mind. His presentation is applicable to everyone concerned about violence, especially police and military personnel. With the inception of the Sheepdog Seminar, the civilian population can now hear the message. For more about his presentation, see info to the right >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
- Jimmy Meeks and Carl Chinn will address issues such as:
- The New Life Church Tragedy (December 2015; several worshipers shot, 2 killed). Carl Chinn will walk the attendee through this tragedy. You will not soon forget his presentation.
- Jimmy Meeks will address the issue of sex crimes and the Role of the Sheepdog. You will learn that David was NOT the underdog when he encountered Goliath. It has been said of Jimmy's message, "There has never been a stronger call to action."
Please keep this in mind when you are advertising this event: You need to put this event before your hopeful audience at least 12 times before it "sinks in."
A single email, or a single Facebook posting, does not get a response.
HERE IS WHAT THE SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- 8:00 - 8:30 ............... It's a Season of Violence. It's Time for the Sheepdog.
- 8:30 - 12: 30 ............ Colonel Grossman - The Bulletproof Mind (breaks inserted about every 50 minutes
- 12:30 - 1:30 ............. Lunch (during lunch we also teach tourniquet application to those who return from lunch early. If the church has lunch on campus, we teach it to several groups as they finish lunch)
- 1:30 - 2:00 ............... The scriptural evidence for protecting the church flock
- 2:00 - 3:00 ............... The New Life Church Tragedy (by Carl Chinn)
- 3:00 - 3:15 ............... BREAK
- 3:15 - 4:00 ............... Protecting the Children: How to Stop the Sex Crimes (by Jimmy Meeks)
- 4:00 - 4:15 ............... BREAK
- 4:15 - 5:00 ............... The Role of the Sheepdog - How Did David REALLY Defeat Goliath? - (by Jimmy Meeks)
Different churches (or host location) have done different things for lunch. We leave the decision for lunch with the host location. We have seen the following -
- Send everyone out for lunch to surrounding restaurants. This usually means several are late getting back. This would not be our first choice.
- The Youth Group makes hot dogs or something similar and raises money for missions our some other project.
- Food Trucks come to the scene and sell lunch. We have seen this on several occasions and it has always worked out well.
- The church/host location serves lunch at no cost as an outreach project (or charges).
- Lunch is totally the decision of the church
Here is what we will need to be in place BEFORE we arrive. Please assist us in this. We have been in situations where the hosting venue did not have these things ready until 15 minutes before the start of the seminar. We thank you in advance for your preparation.
- Here is the probable order of service for the day
- 8:00 - 8:30 .......... Jimmy Meeks (will use Power Point for this 30 minute segment)
- 8:30 - 12:30 ........ Colonel Grossman will present. He will need the following
- Two Easels on the stage. He will NOT use Power Point. Below is a clearer picture of what he will need.
- He will need TWO (2) of these easels. They CANNOT be a tripod used to display artwork. They must be strong and steady easels such as the one here pictured. He has his own markers.
- He will bring his own camera document reader with him when he comes. He will need to plug his camera document reader into a projector.
- The outlet on his camera document reader can be VGA or HTMI. You may have to have a separate projector, or if you have a cord that is long enough to reach the stage (or wherever the sound booth is), that will be sufficient.
- He will need a hand-held cordless microphone
- He will need paper to attach to the easels (photo to the right)
2. After lunch we will use Power Point for the rest of the day.
- 1:30 - 2:00 ......... Jimmy Meeks (cordless microphone that goes over ear or similar - not handheld - for Carl and Jimmy)
- 2:00 - 3:00 ......... Carl Chinn
- 3:00 - 3:15 - ...... Break
- 3:15 - 5:00 ........ Jimmy Meeks
WE WILL NEED
6 tables set up for us for our products
2 of these tables need to be placed near the stage for Colonel Grossman's books
Jimmy and Carl's tables can be placed wherever you choose
WE WILL ALSO NEED
Someone to pick up Colonel Grossman at the airport when he arrives (which will probably be on the Friday night before the seminar), and take him to his hotel.
Someone to pick him up the next morning at 6:50 a.m. at his hotel and take him to the venue.
Someone to take him back to the airport after his presentation (probably Saturday afternoon).
Someone to pick up Carl Chinn and Jimmy Meeks from the airport, and take them back for their return flight him (unless they have a rental car)
What about lodging? Colonel Grossman will have already made arrangements for his lodging.