PROTECTING THE FLOCK SEMINAR
June 2, 2017 (Friday night 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.)
June 3 (Saturday morning, 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.)
THIS IS A 2-DAY SEMINAR
LOCATION OF EVENT
Life Change Church
3635 N. Williams Avenue
Portland, Oregon - 97227
- Friday night (June 2) 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday (June 3) 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Total cost for this seminar is $20.00 per person and covers both days.
Please pre-register below
If you register several people, we will get the names of your guests THE DAY OF of the seminar.
What to expect at this seminar
This seminar will be "hands-on," emphasizing the skills you need in order to be ready to respond to a crisis in your house of worship. Subjects include such topics as -
- Verbal De-Escalation - Learning how to calm someone by your presence and verbal skills
- Recognizing the "clues" that indicate something may be wrong or is "about to happen."
- Protecting the flock from sex crimes
- Responding to an active attack (assailant with gun, knife, etc)
- How to form a safety team at your church (who to put on the team; who NOT to put on the team)
- What does the team do on Sundays and for all other events...
- Where to station team members during church
- 10 Things Every Church Should Know
- And so much more...
WATCH A SAMPLE OF THE SEMINAR BELOW
We will also address the issues of sex crimes occurring on church and faith based property. We encourage all those who work with youth to attend.
THE MESSAGE ON PREVENTION OF SEX CRIMES IS RELEVANT TO ALL YOUTH WORKERS, WHETHER CHURCH-RELATED OR NOT. PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE.