Sheepdog Seminars also has a seminar specifically for churches, conducted by Jimmy Meeks and Carl Chinn (or you may have Carl or Jimmy). The mini seminar is designed to deal with the activities that are actually happening in terms of violence.
Our new "mini" seminar, featuring Carl Chinn and Jimmy Meeks, focuses on church safety and learning how to respond to the situations that are actually happening. The mini seminar is built upon a 2-fold foundation:
- What is actually happening at churches in terms of violence?
- What do I need to know to stop it?
The mini seminar will deal with these topics and more
- DLR's (Don't Look Right). Learning about what looks suspicious and how to respond to it.
- Monitoring the church parking lot
- Monitoring the foyer
- Protecting the Children from sex crimes
- Protecting church employees at the office
- Learning how to de-escalate a situation with your body language and words
- The lessons learned from the New Life Church Tragedy in Colorado Springs, CO in 2007
- Sanctuary seating
- AND SO MUCH MORE...
We recognize the fact that murderers sometimes come to houses of worship. However, the vast, vast majority of situations occurring on faith based property are not violent in nature. But - they can quickly escalate into violence if the safety team doesn't know what to do - and how to respond.
Most situations are dealt with by the power of words. In this seminar we are trying to help the defenders of the flock see the other options available to them in hopes that the use of deadly force can be avoided.
Fore more information on this seminar, text 817.437.9693 and we will call you. Simply text "mini" and you'll soon receive a call. Or, fill out the form below and we will contact you soon.
HOW MUCH DOES THE MINI SEMINAR COST?
- Please contact Jimmy Meeks at 817.437.9693 and we can discuss financial arrangements. We will make it as easy as possible on your church to host an event.
WHAT ARE THE MEDIA NEEDS?
We use Power Point.
WHAT is the best day for the seminar and what ARE THE HOURS?
- You choose the day. Our very first seminar, in 2013, was on a Monday - and was the best ever in terms of attendance.
- The seminar will run from 8:30 a.m. until about 4:30 p.m.(please note: we can work this seminar into whatever setting/time os best for your area. For example, you may want to conduct the seminar on two consecutive nights (e.g. Monday and Tuesday night).