Sheepdog Seminars introduces our new "mini" Sheepdog Seminar for Churches. The mini seminar is designed to deal with the activities that are actually happening in terms of violence.
The mini seminar will not focus on firearms. The vast, vast majority of situations at a chuch where a disturbance is active must be settled by the usage of words. we must become "masters" of communication. that is the focus of this seminar.
Our new "mini" seminar, featuring Carl Chinn and Jimmy Meeks, focuses on church safety and learning how to respond to the situations that are actually happening. The mini seminar is built upon a 2-fold foundation:
- What is actually happening at churches in terms of violence?
- What do I need to know to stop it?
The mini seminar will deal with these topics and more
- DLR's (Don't Look Right). Learning about what looks suspicious and how to respond to it.
- Monitoring the church parking lot
- Monitoring the foyer
- Protecting the Children from sex crimes
- Protecting the Pastor
- Protecting church employees at the office
- Learning how to de-escalate a situation with your body language and words
- The lessons learned from the New Life Church Tragedy in Colorado Springs, CO in 2007
- Sanctuary seating
HOW MUCH DOES THE MINI SEMINAR COST?
The charge is $30.00 per person. From those who register, our team will pay all of its expenses. We will pay for our means of transportation to the venue, whether by road or air; we will pay for our food and our lodging. We would appreciate a ride from the airport. Other than that, we ask for nothing from the hosting church.
WHAT ARE THE MEDIA NEEDS?
We use Power Point.
We recognize the fact that murderers sometimes come to houses of worship. However, the vast, vast majority of situations occurring on faith based property are not violent in nature. But - they can quickly escalate into violence if the safety team doesn't know what to do - and how to respond.
Most situations are dealt with by the power of words. In this seminar we are trying to help the defenders of the flock see the other options available to them in hopes that the use of deadly force can be avoided.
Fore more information on this seminar, text 817.437.9693 and we will call you. Simply text "mini" and you'll soon receive a call. Or, fill out the form below and we will contact you soon.
WHAT is the best day for the seminar and what ARE THE HOURS?
- You choose the day, but Saturday is probably the best.
- The seminar will run from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.