We offer a variety of presentations for your church or community.
Women's Safety Seminar with Jimmy Meeks (we prefer to do this a day or two before we conduct a full seminar).
Contact Jimmy Meeks to book your next seminar:
(817) 437-9693 firstname.lastname@example.org
In our seminars you will learn:
1. Biblical basis for having security in your church
2. Expertise in security and practical tools you can use in your organization
3. Knowledge of facts versus myth & rhetoric on this topic
4. Access to resources you can use once you return home
5. Contacts that you can continue to dialogue with as you develop your security strategies
WHAT TO EXPECT AT OUR SHEEPDOG SEMINARS
- We will update all attendees on the violence occurring across the country at church and faith based organizations.
- We will walk you through what happened at New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colorado on December 9, 2007.
- You will hear from Carl Chinn, one of the experts on church safety. Carl was at New Life Church on the day the gunman arrived.
- You will hear from others who understand the necessity of a church safety team.
- On Saturday, you will hear from Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman.
- AND MUCH MORE...
The seminar is NOT for church safety teams only. We hope PASTORS and CHURCH STAFF PERSONNEL will also attend. We are in this together! The information shared, especially by Col Grossman, is relevant not only for houses of worship - but everywhere.
Sheepdog Seminars for Churches
The movie "Faith Under Fire," based on the church shooting in Daingerfield, Texas in 1980, is shown on the Friday night before the seminar begins.. Show time is usually 7:00 p.m. Admission is free and the public is invited. The church safety seminar begins the next morning.
- Friday Evening 7:00 pm
- Saturday 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Sheepdog Mini Seminar
We also offer "mini-seminars." These seminars usually occur on a Saturday morning from 8:30 a.m. until about noon.
The movie "Faith Under Fire", based on the church shooting in Daingerfield, Texas in 1980, is shown on the Friday night before the seminar begins.. Show time is usually 7:00 p.m. Admission is free and the public is invited. The church safety seminar begins the next morning.
The speakers for the mini-seminars are Jimmy Meeks and Carl Chinn. Learn more about them here.
Women's Safety Seminar
Violence against women is a terrible problem in our country. It is estimated that 1,000 women are assaulted every day in the United States. Furthermore, a sexual assault occurs every 3 to 5 minutes.
And domestic violence is a tragedy in every state.
Jimmy Meeks has given his women's safety seminar to thousands of women. No self-defense is taught at the seminar. Instead, the focus is on Situational Awareness.
There are 9 women in Jimmy's life: his wife, 5 daughters, daughter-in-law, and 2 granddaughters. Thus, he is very passionate about helping women stay safe.
There is one more important matter about the women's safety program. We ask that the hosting church find a local women's shelter that assists battered women. Then, obtain a list of items that the shelter needs and get this list into the hands of women in the community. We then ask the attendees to bring as many of the items as possible to the seminar. This is the "cost of admission" to the seminar (of course, no one is turned away who does not bring an item). One church in Fort Worth had 2 and a half truck load of items for a local shelter! Praise the Lord!
This seminar also addresses the issue of domestic violence.
Permit us to be honest about this seminar: the info shared with women can save their lives!